At Oatcakes & Milkshakes we produce all our products with the utmost care to ensure they are safe for you to enjoy.
How we prepare your meal when you have an allergy.
We carry out a full risk assessment for raw materials with regards to all 14 recognised allergens listed in the Food Information for Consumers Regulation (EU). These allergens are:
- Cereals containing gluten; namely wheat (such as spelt and khorasan wheat), rye, barley, oats
- Crustaceans; for example, prawns, crabs, lobster, crayfish
- Milk (including lactose)
- Nuts; namely almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, cashews, pecan nuts, Brazil nuts, pistachio nuts, macadamia (or Queensland) nuts
- Celery (including celeriac)
- Sulphur dioxide/sulphites
- Lupin, which includes lupin seeds and flour
- Molluscs like mussels, whelks, oysters, snails and squid
As well as having an up to date allergen booklet, all our staff members will also double check all the packaging before making your food based on your allergy.
MILKSHAKES AND DESSERTS
Before preparing your allergy milkshake, we have a separate blender jug which is sterilized, along side a lid. This prevents any cross contamination. All surfaces & blenders will be cleaned down.
Your milkshake will be prepared and placed away from other drinks; allergy drinks will be bought out first and the rest of your order will then follow.
As well as signage around the store regarding allergens, staff will also ask you and your group if you have any allergies on your table when ordering, this is so they can talk you through options and bring you out an allergen list.
All of our staff are thoroughly trained to the highest standard when it comes to allergens, you can see staff certificates on arrival to our store displayed on the wall.